“You’re young. We couldn’t have this time – Enjoy it for us” 

Yesterday I’ve been at an event in my hometown called “Weindorf” (Translation: Wine-village) an event all about wine. So basically you’re going there to get drunk and meet your friends and get more drunk together.

© Diginights | Heilbronner Stimme
While waiting for my other friends, there was an old lady coming towards my group. She said “Where do so beautiful flowers like you grow?” to one of my friends. We were all a bit confused, of course we already had a few glasses of wine. She continued to tell us, how beautiful we all are, how we laugh and be together with our friends. That this is the time of our life’s – moments and memories no one can ever take from us!

For a moment, everything around us was gone – we only listened to the voice of this old lady.

“We didn’t had this while we were young. Our live wasn’t that easy but it’s more beautiful to see, that this generation enjoys this so much. You’re young, be together, see the world and have fun!” Honestly, we all were speechless for a moment. We thanked her for the kind words and she told us, that there is no need to thank her for telling the truth.

“Now go and drink more wine and enjoy the weekend before work and school starts Monday”

These were her last words before walking away with an face expression that was happy and sad at the same moment. Sad, that she couldn’t have a time in her earlier life like ours and happy, to see that the world changed and we’re all one community supporting each other.

This literally made my whole week and now I’m even more convinced to study abroad to “see the world and have fun!” as she said.

Cheers!

srgn

One Reply to ““You’re young. We couldn’t have this time – Enjoy it for us” ”